Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:40 PM   #21

I'm sorry but with Canon L lenses you will most definately see a difference between a 40D and a 5D, with the lenses you mention maybe not as much.
boywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 7:02 PM   #22

What is keeping me from getting the 5D rather than the 40D (other than $$), is my feeling that the 5D is due for an upgrade. In a year, if a new one does come out, I might upgrade then. I really need to borrow or rent one and play with it.

I agree with everyone re investing in good lenses;that is what I why I didn't get the kit lens with the 20D.

I want, I want, I want. . . . I'm hoping to catch a deal somewhere on the 40D (from a reputable source). It is offered with the 28-135mm lens currently (which I already have) - I hope to see some different configurations.

Thanks again for all your comments, there is so much to learn, and I respect all of your opinions.

I did run across this - http://www.bobatkins.com/photography...ma_rebate.html Is it okay to post thislink here? If not, take it away, and I apologize.

kbryan is offline   Reply With Quote