Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 7, 2007, 5:29 AM   #1

I just go around and search for the price of 350D...RM2050 now with a kit lens ofcause and 2GB CF,bag,sreen protector,tripod...

is it worth? seems very toyful leh..haa...

or s'ld i just get Fuji6500fd only RM1350(about) with 28-300mm lens...

what do you think?hee...
MacTreoUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:59 PM   #2

350D is still a very nice camera, but you won't be happy with only a kit lens. You said somewhere that you had a limited budget. You can buy a 350D kit now, you just have to remember that sooner or later (rather sooner :lol you will want to buy more lenses and accessories for it :-).
Here is a small personal story - two years ago I sold my 35mm Nikon with 3 reasonably good lenses and thought that the bridge camera would be enough for me, so I bought a Fuji S9500 (a very nice camera btw) and was quite happy for another year. When I was really fed up overcoming the limitations of the advanced P&S, I sold it and bought a 350D with a kit lens. Then a battery grip and a prime lens, then a better zoom, then an even better zoom :-). What's left now is a new flash, and then 2-3 more lenses that I don't really need, but want to have. After that it will be time to get a better body :-). This is an ongoing never ending game, but I enjoy it.
To be honest, S6500 is a very good cam, but at some point it won't be enough and you will want a DSLR.
Just my $0.05

algold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:57 PM   #3

eh thanks anyway...good experiences and learn from you man!!
MacTreoUser is offline   Reply With Quote