Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:28 PM   #1

So I let someone borrowed my camera and once I got it back.. it was different.

I'm shooting in manual mode, and when I scroll the dial (left or right) to adjust the shutter speed, it only decreases. I can't increase the shutter speed, aperture, etc. This is happening in all the modes.

I looked in the manual and can't find it at all. I'm pretty sure that its simple to fix and I'm just retarded and can't figure it out.

But if anyone can help, it would be GREAT.

Thanks in advance!
johnnychrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:18 PM   #2

I'm not aware of any setting that would make the dial behave that way. I hate to say it, but I would venture to guess this person that used your camera broke something.

One thing you could try is to take the battery out, then the little button battery (slides out right next to the main battery), and leaveboth out overnight. Re-insert them in the morning and see if it works. Note: You will lose all your settings, as in date, time, numberingand custom settings when you do this.

If it doesn't work, send it in to Canon, if you're lucky it's still under warranty and they may fix it for free, if not, make the person who used it pay for the repair.
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote