Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 28, 2007, 5:56 AM   #1

Edit QuoteReply Just got a grey rebel xti. I bought it from a local retailer who gave me an amazing price of $500 with 18-55 lens but did not have it in black which I preferred. Actually I did not know it came with another color until I got it and it was silver.

I am now on vacation and I already noticed there are some scratches in the silver where I see black coming through.

This really sucks. I wish I had the black one now. Any suggestions on what to do to prevent these scratches.

Am I better off trying to return the silver one for a black one? Or selling it on ebay and then buying a black one.

Or should I just deal with it.

by the way aside from the silver issue the camera is awsome. I can't beleive the photos I am taking.
benalexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:23 AM   #2

If th camera functions properly and you can get past it I wouldn't risk problems trying to get a black one. You seem pleased with the deal you got on the camera. My 20D is balck and has scratches where the right hand grips the camera because my fingers are long. People look at my photos not the camera in most cases.

Bottom line is you need to be pleased with it. If it bothers you pull the trigger! I don't know of any way to protect it.

Good luck!

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:56 AM   #3

Wow! My 3 yr. old silver G-6 shows no wear, but it lives in a bag. My 24 y.o. Nikon FA shows some wear-through of the silver paint, but it's 24 years old, and it lives in a bag. My 7 y.o. Oly IS-20 shows no wear at all, and it lives in a bag. My 20D, XTi and 580 EX are in pristine condition, along with my 7 lenses for them. They don't live in a bag all the time though. Right now, most of that is in a large Pelican case. You can see where this is going....
sparrowminded is offline   Reply With Quote