Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 8, 2003, 7:25 PM   #1
Default EOS 300D / D100 / S2Pro ????

I presently own an Olympus C-5050Z which I am very pleased with. Most of my pics are family members with the occassional landscape. For added creativity (interchangeable lenses), I am thinking about getting a dSLR. I also own a Nikon N80 film SLR which I am also extremely pleased with. My question is: Could the Canon EOS-300D (Digital Rebel) really provide what I am looking for at such a reasonable price (including a lens) or would it make more sense to go for either a D100 or S2Pro? How honest is Canon being about the results (detail, color accuracy, realistic skin tones) of the 300D? HELP!
:?: --
Antonio G.
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2003, 8:13 PM   #2

It's all here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/page19.asp

... but it's missing a few features compared to a 10D which competes more effectively with the other brands; However, if you already have Nikon lenses I would stay with the Nikon mount's.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2003, 10:22 PM   #3

I agree with NHL. If you have a reasonable number of Nikon lenses already, stick with a Nikon compatable DSLR. The D100 is a very good camera.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2003, 2:41 PM   #4
Default True

The D100 is a good camera but the S2 is a better camera (as far as color resolution goes) & It uses nikon glass too. Take a look on www. dpreview for some comparisons between images of all the cameras you are considering. Also, the D300 is dropping prices very quickly on almost all digital cameras.