Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:28 AM   #1
Default My 300D is "On the Way"!

In other posts, I've whined about my Nikon Coolpix 5000 that I've had for the past 6 months. It got me hooked on digital photography, but it just can't perform as required for the type of photography I like to do. Last weekend, I put an ad in the paper, and the Coolpix sold overnight, for about what I paid for it (to my utter astonishment!). Last Friday, I ordered a 300D -- I should have it next week.

Now of course, I'm experiencing a bit of buyer's remorse before it even gets here. One of the many things that sold me on the 300D was the new EF-S 1855mm zoom lens.

The question popped into my mind this morning, what about a 10D with this new lens? Has anyone tried this combo? These lense are essentially selling for $100 -- that's the price difference for the Rebel, with or without. I wonder if any of the Canon retailers would add this lens to a 10D for a hundred bucks?

steveinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2003, 10:31 AM   #2
Default Hmmm, Just Answered My Own Dumb Question

Reading a few more posts, I see that this new lens can only be used with the 300D. So much for that...
steveinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2003, 1:08 PM   #3

Canon's new EF-S mount lenses can only be used on the Digital Rebel/300D. The 10D only uses EF mount lenses; but the Rebel/300D can use both EF and EF-S.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote