Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:13 AM   #1

I'm hesitation between these 3 bodies

A 40D would cost me € 750 and i could have the brand new 450D for € 100 cheaper.

And the cheapest of all would be to go for the 400D which would cost only € 460 with the € 60 cashback promotion.

What would i really gain from bying the 40D ? apart from the better viewfinder and solid build , would my pictures really come out better ?

guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2008, 9:06 AM   #2

if u have a camera shop near ur place i would suggest u to hand hold all three cameras before deciding.

If u ask me now, i would suggest a totally different one from the list called the D300. Its a perfect all round camera made for photographers. Too many good things, but thats me.

Each camera has its own set of audience. The 450 and 400D are really compact cameras a little bigger than traditional p & s. 40D is much more chunkier, has a brighter bigger view finder, 6.5fps for sports, better ISO(like 30D,5D etc), and overal a superior camera compared to 450. The durability of 40D is also rated more than the 400D or 450D.

With respect to image quality the sensor is a similar sensor with same pixel density. U will more or less get the same image in all three except few conditions.

So to choose one from the list u will def hve to hand hold th camera and test it personally. This helps u decide on what weight u wanna carry or lug around

nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote