Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Default Canon Rebel digital works well...

Last Friday, I played with this camera for an hour at the local Best Buy store, the AF is very fast with the 7 points AF, changed to the center focus point setting, the AF is faster. The camera handles the overall exposure very well, indoors and outdoors and the built in flash works seamlessly when needed and the results are outstanding. I didn't care for the lens that came with the camera because it looks so cheap and not quality built at all so I replaced it with the 28-135 mm IS, AF was so quick and silent with this lens, you have better feel with the camera and the 28-135mm lens than the cheaper one. The camera, even though made in Taiwan with plastic body, it really doesn't look cheap to the surprise, it has the stainless steel lens mount at least, the lens that came with the camera has the plastic mount, I think for another $100 more, you get this lens, and it will be useful for general wide-angle shooting since this lens will covers up to 28mm for the Canon Rebel digital camera, but it will not work will any other Canon camera.

For a little less than $1,000 with camera body and lens, I think this camera will be the best selling camera this holiday season. For me, I stick with my 10D since I never buy any camera that doesn't make in Japan or Germany before.... Being said that I wouldn't mind to have the Canon Rebel digital camera as my back up body...:-))

tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links