Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:55 PM   #1

Hi, newbie here. I need advice on what camera settings I should use for daytime Little League baseball pictures using my Canon 20d & Canon 75-300 usm lens?? I'm a wheelchair user and take pics from outfield foul line...I can't take pictures from any closer because I can't see over the chain link fence. Thanks in advance for your help.
gtu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:01 PM   #2

hi todd,
sorry i didn't see your post until now. for sports shooting, its best to use aperture/av mode. that way you will have the biggest possible aperture when you zoom in or out! the shutter speed will automatically be adjusted for you. that way you can stop the action, and get some some very nice shots! use auto white balance, and remember if it gets cloudy, you can bump up your iso, i wouldn't go past 400 outside unless it gets pretty dark, and what that does is it keeps your shutter speeds fast! also, please visit the sports photo section, there are many awesome sports photogs from whom you can learn quite abit. thats the place where i have learned and are still learning from! good luck! john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote