Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 19, 2008, 9:21 AM   #1

I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Nikon (D70 + 4 lenses) gear and move diagonal sideways to Canon.

I'm considering a 400D/450D or even a 30D/40D.

I need some advice from you guys to which camera i should go for.

My photographic style is mainly concert photography where I use high ISO and fast lenses.

Those in the UK may know of Computer Exchange where people can buy/sell/exchange electricals. To get the most value out of my D70, I may exchange the body for a Canon body.

Also what's everyone's take on second-hand cameras?

kjeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Jacobs will always give you a trade-in deal. They won't pay out cash, but if you're trading in to buy then they are pretty good.

But if you have 4 nice Nikon lenses then why not go for the D300 instead? The extra for the body will be balanced by the money you won't be losing on the lenses.

Unless of course the reason you are going Canon is the L primes, in which case Nikon has no real answer.
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 2:11 AM   #3

The Nikon D 300 was Popphoto.com camera of the year and will take all those great Nikon lenses.

ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:11 AM   #4
Super Moderator

What lenses do you have? It's always expensive switching systems, I've done it once and hopefully never again!!!

If your glass is good then go for D300. If there is something lacking in the Nikon lens range that Canon has covered then this might be an argument to switch.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote