Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 27, 2008, 8:27 PM   #1

I am in the market for a prime lens. I was thinking of the Sigma 30mm F1.4. I have been reading some people having issues with it and the 30D. I was also reading some posts on here about the 50mm f1.4 and see where alot of people love that lens. Now I am second guessing myself. :?

I currently have a Sigma 18-50 f2.8, but was thinking that a fixed lens with a f1.4 or f1.8 would take better pics inside and better lower light pictures pretty much anywhere. Does a fixed lens have better quality over a zoom lens?What about Canon vs. Sigma. Talked to someone at Ritz and of course all he talked about was Canon lenses and glass and how they make their own glass and install everytihng in one place. Where Sigma buys glass from someone then installs it. :?

I also just noticed that I am using an older version firmware. Should I upgrade to the newer one or does it matter?

Suggestions or comments?

Redop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:36 PM   #2

I asked pretty much the same question, I'll point you to the thread where some comparisons were posted, hopefully you'll find it of some use & help.

velocitycurve is offline   Reply With Quote