Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:02 PM   #1

I wonder if I'm having a problem.My XSi is supposed to clean the sensor automatically every time the camera is turned on or off.

Up until yesterday, I was seeing it happen (seeing the message on-screen) each and every time. Now I've noticed that I don't get the message every time I turn the camera off. But I can't figure out a pattern. I mean, I was wondering if it had something to do with me turning the camera off afterthe screenhad timedout, or if I was turning thecamera on and off again too quickly. I also wondered if the sensor is only cleaned upon shut off if I'd actually used the camera, as opposed to just turning it on and off again... but the manual says it should happen each and every time. I even thought it might have something to do with the camera being held level as opposed being held on an angle...

I've restored all the default settings and the manual sensor cleaning works fine. The automatic sensor cleaning seems to happen most of the time upon shut down, but not every time.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Do I even have a problem here? Opinions and advice welcome.
Boldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links