Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:57 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Control your EOS dSLR with your iPhone or iPod Touch

That's right, onOne software has released two new iPod/iPhone applications that allow you to remotely control your EOS dSLR.

Portland, OR June 1, 2009

onOne Software Announces New iPhone Applications

Next-generation remote release enables photographers to use the Apple® iPhone® or iPod® Touch to control their Canon EOS DSLR camera via a WiFi enabled computer

onOne Software, Inc., a leading developer of time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers, today announced a new application to remotely control Canon EOS DSLR cameras using an iPhone or iPod Touch. The new DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone application allows photographers using a supported Canon EOS DSLR that is connected to a WiFi enabled computer to remotely control the settings of the camera, fire the shutter, review images, and even get a live viewfinder preview. This gives photographers a new level of freedom when shooting camera angles where it is difficult to see through the viewfinder, self-portraits, or events where multiple cameras are set up and the photographer just can't be behind them all.

Key capabilities of the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone:

- Remotely fire a supported Canon EOS DSLR over any WiFi network
- Remotely control camera settings like shutter-speed, aperture, white-balance and more
- Preview images on an iPhone or iPod Touch
- Look through the camera's viewfinder remotely with Live View
- Built-in Intervalometer for advanced timer shooting
- Zero configuration Apple® Bonjour® networking finds the camera automatically

"We are very excited about what this application offers the photography community," said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. "DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone allows photographers the opportunity to get out from behind the camera and interact with their subjects while still maintaining full control of the technical details."
Availability and Pricing

DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone comes in two versions - the Professional edition, which is available for $19.99 with a limited time introductory price of $9.99, and the Lite edition, available for $1.99. The DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone may be purchased immediately from the App Store within Apple® iTunes® software. After purchasing either edition from the iTunes App Store, users will need to download a free application that runs on their supported Mac or Windows computer. This free application is required to communicate between the iPhone and the supported Canon EOS DSLR, connected via USB or Firewire to a WiFi enabled computer. There are no trial or demo versions of the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone application. For a full list of system requirements and supported cameras visit: www.onOnesoftware.com/iPhone.
Supported Cameras

Initially, in version 1.0, the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone application will only support selected Canon EOS DSLR cameras. However, an updated version that adds support for a wide variety of Nikon DSLR cameras is currently in development and is planned to be released as an update to the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone application.

For the most complete list of supported cameras, please visit the DSLR Camera Remote for iPhone product page.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2009, 9:30 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Just downloaded this and had a play with my 1D mkIII and it works really well, I'm thinking of different fun ways to use this now as well as some good options in weddings where I'm shooting solo and can get another angle remotely.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:30 AM   #3

Not to mention if you ever shoot hockey or soccer again you can set up a goal cam!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Now you are talking, a bit of wide angle would do the trick.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:32 AM   #5
Administrator

Cool Mark. I'm hoping they announce a similar software for us BlackBerry users. I'd love to have an iPhone, but my network does not offer them
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:33 AM   #6
Super Moderator

I'm fortunate, I have both, the iPhone is mine and work pays for the blackberry
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:55 AM   #7
Administrator

Not fair! LOL
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:57 AM   #8

Mark,

Henceforth you shall be known as Batman - as you must have a utility belt to carry all your gadgets, phones, cameras, etc
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:26 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Mark,

Henceforth you shall be known as Batman - as you must have a utility belt to carry all your gadgets, phones, cameras, etc
#

I'm already known as gadget man by some of my friends as apart from all the photographic gear, computers, musical gadgets (synthesisers, drums etc), radio controlled aircraft/helicopters/boat and car etc etc etc.

I don't like to say it but I think I'm about to press the go button for the 5D mkII as I'm just finalising some additional weddings and a portrait shoot that will pay for it.

Yes, I'm a bit crazy for gadgets, and I still manage to play soccer, squash and golf and help lead the youth at church..... it's good to be busy LOL.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:42 PM   #10

Will this work on my canon EOS350d? I could use my laptop computer to control it. Great software.
jeff-jeff is offline   Reply With Quote