Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:11 PM   #1
Default Magic of HDR

Since I bought my first DSLR a month back, I have been reading a lot about HDR and saw some stunning photos in flickr. I understand that the basic idea is shooting images at different exposures and combining it so that the details are captured better. Which is the best software to create HDR and how to set Canon T1i to shoot at different exposures without having to manually set them?

Last edited by bickerer; Dec 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM.
bickerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:35 PM   #2
Super Moderator

I would take a look at this thread as it has a lot of good info and there are links to getting the trial versions of the main options.

I've just dug out my T1i as it doesn't get out to play very often so it probably liked seeing the light of day. You can auto exposure bracket which will allow you to shoot above and below what the camera selects. To do this go to the menu and it is the first page top option. Press the AV+/- button and move the main control (top right behind the shutter release) and you will see the bars go out to show how much over and under exposed they will be. Make sure you take the photos in Av mode so that shutter speed is adjusted otherwise you will vary the depth of field which will mess up the HDR process. That's the start at least.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2009, 6:40 PM   #3

Photoshop has an HDR feature, but without my laptop in front of me, I can't explain... I use CS3 and theres plenty of videos on youtube.
x Joey Dubs x
Canon XSI Noob
xJoey Dubsx is offline   Reply With Quote