Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Default Help on picture framing

I am not sure that this thread belongs here but since all my previous posts have been here and since I do not know where else to post this, here goes.
Since I got into dslr's in 2000 I have taken lots of pictures, some of which I now would like to print and frame. Not long ago, I had an acquaintance who was a semi pro who at times would sell his photos at craft fairs and flea markets. His pictures were not in permanent frames but were mounted in what I believe were called mats. I have done some searching on the internet to find out more about this process but without much luck. I would like to know how this is done and where I can buy the supplies necessary to do this. I see this as a way to print lots of pictures now and mount them in a way that protects them until I am ready to mount some of them in more permanent frames. Are any of you aware of any web sites that may be of help?
dlearyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:24 PM   #2

Local photo shops sell Mat boards and the glues to mount your pictures also art supply stores sell Mat boards. Get the acid free type boards as your pictures will last a longer mounted on the better boards.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote