Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Default Lens adaptor

My daughter has a Canon xsi and would like a wide angle lens. Don't have the funds right now. However, we do have a lens that was for an older digital camera. It has a adapotor on it right now for the Olympus. I'm trying to see if the lens would fit with an adaptor. If so, what adaptor do I need to buy?

The print on the lens:
HI TECH OPTICS Japan Titanium 0.38 x AF HIGH Definition Digital Lens with Macro.

Any help would be great!

afdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2010, 4:58 AM   #2

That's the kind of lens that can mount to the filter mounting threads on the end of a lens. The probelm is that it probably uses 37mm threads while the kit lens for the XSi uses a 58mm filter. The adapter required to mount that wide angle lens onto the XSi's kit lens will block a lot of light. I don't think it will work out well.

I think your best bet is to look at the used lens market. Something wider than the 18-55 kit lens will not be inexpensive, but you can find some good deals sometimes.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3

Thank you for your help. I'll look around at the used market.
afdds is offline   Reply With Quote