Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:35 PM   #41

referring to the above posted photo of the YN-467 Control Panel:

(7) Be sure the TTL light and the power on lights are illuminated.

(8) Be sure the Power Meter Light in the Center position (the 4th light).

(9) Be sure the round flat intensity control knob is rotated to the position shown on the arrow indicator which is just past the unit coming on and powering up.

(10) Now half way depress the shutter release and observe that the camera gives you focus confirmation.

(11) Fully depress the shutter release when you have your photo framed to your satisfaction.

(12) Check how your photo looks. My was perfect on the very first try. I hope this is helpful. Attached you will find my photo.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Jun 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:43 AM   #42

I have only experimented a little as I was busy today but boy am I impressed with my comparisons so far. I took a photo of my daughter for comparisons of no flash, on board flash and external flash and just out of the camera they blew me away. Unbelievable! I needed one of these years ago.

Thanks for your tips. Only problem being the 350d doesn't have AUTO ISO in P mode. Only full auto. I tend to leave my ISO set to 200 or 400 for indoors P mode. Also no external flash controls on the XT other than to adjust exposure compensation so at least I can do that.

I was also reading an article last night that said if you were at a poorly lit or night wedding or party where you wanted the entire scene lit up (background included) you set your camera to M, 1/60, f5.6. I tried it and it worked nicely.

I am looking forward to experimenting some more. Be sure to share any more tips you discover
coffeegal is offline   Reply With Quote