Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:19 AM   #1
Default 550d/ Rebel T2i sensor problem

Images shot by my 550D in bright sunlight or telephoto (200mm+) show "SPOTS", all images and videos are practically useless.
The same spots appear on changing the lens so I assume its the sensor.

Bought this just 2 weeks back online and store says this is caused by me and they won't return.
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. A sample image is attached PLEASE help.
The normal "dust particles" that you see were on the lens and I cleaned it.
Its these "water droplets" like spots which are making me crazy and super sad. Have I lost all my 1100$ spent?
Also I am in New York only for 2 more weeks, then going out of country for many months. SO cant even send to Canon (which only seem to have a repair centre at California)
Please HELP.
Attached Images
ngagemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2

Is it happen with all the lenses or just one lens. If all the lenses, call canon tomorrow. Set up a service, and send out the body to canon in newport news. They can get the camera back to you pretty fast. When I sent mine canon in, got it back in 5 days. The faster you can get the camera to them the faster they can get it back to you.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote