Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 21, 2003, 3:54 PM   #1
Default Question about the Digital Rebel

Is it possible to put some kind of hot shoe adapter on the digital rebel so that it could have a pc terminal for sync cords?
MattCsnoH0MIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2003, 6:24 PM   #2

there is an adapter from Canon to distribute TTL. I think that there is also some third party adapters too. Look in the Studio Flash forum for more details.

How it all works is a mystery to me - I don't have a studio flash setup. When I get a second flash I'll use the wireless (IR) system to sync things.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:27 AM   #3
Default Questions about the DRebel

I purchased a Wein Safe sync Filter to use with my Digital Rebel as I have 2 Older Sunpak Flahs units - the 522 & the 544. I got it set up, turned the camera to Manual & set the Shutter speed to 1/200 sec - it test fired from the Wein unit, but would NOT fire from the camera! I called Canon & they told me it was because those flashes are TTL & they need to be E-TTL compatible. Looks like the only thing that will work are the Canon series flashes or the Metz 54MZ-3 & those are $385.00 at B&H. I am going to wait.
(Still doing my homework on that matter).
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote