Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:19 AM   #1
Default Canon EOS 1000D ERR 01 issue

I have a canon eos 1000d and all is fine witht he default 18-55 lens, the 50 mm prime and the 28-80 canon lens.however two other lenses have resulted in problems, the first was a sigma 70-300 zoom i had, this was an old lens and after some research i found if it wasnt chipped it could result in the above mentioned error code.
so i changed this for a Tamron AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro.
usage at the lower end is fine but at 300 at least 50% of the time ( especially in M mode) i get err 01 unable to communicate with lens. i switch off the camera and back on again and it will work at low ends but then fail again several times at 250 and above in any mode.
This seems to be an error if the terminals on the camera or lens are dirty but these are spotless even under a magnifying glass theres no sign of any dirt or grime causing bad connection issues. my thoughts are maybe im better off just abandoning this lens and going with a 55-250 canon IS lens in the hope that the problem is with non canon lenses. i wondered if anyone had suffered same issue or could shed some light on the problem other than the reported dirty connections
elvedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2011, 8:31 AM   #2

I just wanted to say that I have a 1000d and a Tamron 70-300mm and mine work well together.
The fact that you have had the problem with 2 lenses suggests to me that unfortunately there may be a fault with your camera body. If you know anyone with a Canon DSLR would they test your lens on their body? Perhaps a camera shop would test the Tamron lens for you.
arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote