Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:45 AM   #1
Default Canon t2i or t3i? Or other

Fixing to buy a camera for pure photo photography only. I will more then likely, actually I'm pretty sure ill never use the video portion of any camera I buy. Just want it to go on hiking trips, to the zoo, ect. To take pictures of animals, wildlife, plants, birds, landscape ect.

Will never take pictures of sports. I'v researched 5 different brand names iv owned a nikon d3000 for a while, currently using a pentax k-x ( its not mine but iv just been using it a lot).

So i wanna buy my own sense i sold my d3000 a while back. Well I like the feel of a canon camera in my hands and i like the price of there lenses.

So I did a comparison of the canon t2i and t3i rebel. Only real difference i found was the screen which i could care less about a articulate screen. Is there any other real big differences between thew two? If not should i just buy the t2i then and save myself 80 bucks.

Or is there another camera anyone has to suggest for what im looking to take pictures of in photography? Sense i never plan to use video.
SethE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:20 AM   #2

hi the t3i has wireless flash as well so it down to wether that is important if it feels right then you are a long way down the line to it being right. to be honest the saving will get almost get a 50 1.8 lens. so there you are. good luck
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:49 AM   #3

Both are fine "picture takers" and I'm sure you'd be happy with either.
I'd personally pay the extra for the tilt/swivel screen- you'd be surprised how handy it can be.. very comfortable for low level shooting or for shots above a crowd of people..!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote