Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:39 PM   #1
Default Rebel T3i

I have the same trouble as BkFord has. My camera wont take a picture or the flash wont click up and sometimes it says its busy.
I redo the battery and it will work for a couple pictures and then it wont let you press the button down it is almost like it is locked or full.
I have changed the card.
I read how you remove your lens and how do you clean the contacts?
What does resetting the default settings do?
Is this something I should take my camera in to have done to it at a
camera shop. My camera is just over a year old.
Thanks for any help Cathy
flaggirl1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:25 AM   #2

hi first thing i would do is charge the battery and make sure the terminals are clean if that fails then look at your manual and do a reset if that fails then it maybe back to canon
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:58 PM   #3

If Wave01's suggestions don't work and I suspect they won't,get it back to Canon as soon as possible.If it is a fault and the camera is only just over a year old you just might be able to persuade Canon to at least offer something towards the cost of repair.Alternativel if you take it to the shop where you bought it see if they might be able to send it back to Canon and persuade them to contribute.I assume the fault didn't appear before the year was up?

Resetting the default settings means putting the camera settings back to as purchased,any settings you made on the camera are deleted and the picture numbering will reset back to IMG 0001 .

Here's a Youtube link for cleaning camera contacts:
“Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase”.
Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mk ii, M.ZUIKO Digital 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro, M Zuiko Digital 14-150mm F4-5, Panasonic Lumix G VARIO 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ100
JPW2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:57 PM   #4

Go through the cleaning procedure should do it. Sometimes the mating of the lens and the camera may also cause the problem. I had similar experience with my Sony A200. Simply remove the lens and remount it. Give a a little twist to make sure that the contacts on the lens mate with the contacts inside the camera. This works for me.
Canon 5D MKII, EF 24-105mm f/4L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, Tamron 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD, Sigma DG 150-500mm f/5.-6.3 APO HSM.
Canon EOS T3i, 7D and 70D EF 17-40mm f/4L, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6, Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM, 430 EXII Flash.
Sony A200, SLT-A58 System with HVL-F42AM Flash.
Mirrorless APS-C camera: Samsung NX100, Canon EOS-M.
M4/3 systems: Olympus OM-D-E-M5 and Panasonic DMC-G3.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote