Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 20, 2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Default D30 or D60?

I'm currently using Elan II SLR and althought I'm fairly new to the photography, I'm ready to upgrade to digital SLR. I started out with the point and shoot digicams but learned quickly that they are too limiting when doing outdoor photography. I'm mostly into sports shooting. I like the elan II but I go throught rolls of films to get just a pic I like. I though digital SLR would help me learn to shoot better photos. With that being said. How do those cameras compare with the elan II in terms of AF, speed, etc. Would either of the cameras be good enough to do outdoor photos of bike racing, moutain bikes in action, water sports, etc?
I'm a bit concerned with the 3.25 megapixel of the D30. If I want to print posters 13x19 will that resolution be enough? The D30 are more affordable used than the D60, but I it won't do then I might as well spring the extra bucks to get into D60. I wanted to spend the difference on lenses since I only have the cheap 75-300 mm and 28-80 that came with the elan II.

I awaiting your comments.

BTW great site.

[Edited on 8-20-2002 by Domcio]
Domcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2002, 11:59 PM   #2
Default d30 or d60 reply

hello domcio, if i were you id definetly spring the xtra $ for the d60 , ive just recently purchased a d60, and i couldnt be happier, this camera will yield very good 13x19 prints. it should do nicely for your sports shooting as well.
auto focus is quick, and yes a digital camera will improve your photography
it has mine...the instant feedback is just great.
happy shooting. tom
thomas mcconville is offline   Reply With Quote