Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:26 AM   #1

Default Cannon 70D versus Nikon D7100 or the new D 5300

So, I was close to deciding between the Nikon D7100 & Cannon EOS 70D....now the Nikon D5300 in introduced. You have me re-thinking my decision and perhaps I am leaning towards the D5300. I am looking for a Digital DSLR to upgrade from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 so I can capture my daughter's sporting events and concerts more effectively. Would appreciate any comments & recommendations. I would likely purchase with a 18-140mm lens then also add a zoom up to 300mm
Thanks
Henry
Rodriquh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:25 AM   #2

All these will do what you want its now down to personnel choice. go try them see how they feel is the menu system easy for you. if it feels right then that a long way to being right. remember when you buy a DSLR then you buy into s system so make sure that system suits your needs
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:27 PM   #3

I went with the 70D only because I didn't want to switch systems

But if Nikon ever comes out with a touch screen the next upgrade will be much harder to decide on. The touch screen is so nice and makes things so much quicker and easier. After having it on the t4i there was no way I was going without it on the next camera.

If you shoot sports check out the shootout post on youtube. The 7100 doesnt focus as accurately according to one of the reviews.Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOM4r1gxsbs
Scoobert is offline   Reply With Quote