Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:25 AM   #1
Default Canon T5i....best bundle kit?

I’ve been doing as much research as I could over the last several weeks….and after narrowing it down to a Canon SL1 or T5i for my first DSLR, I’ve decided on the T5i….just because I have a “Vari-Angle” LCD screen on my older Canon Powershot point and shoot camera, and I use it all the time.

So now I’m trying to find the best deal on the T5i’s….I’m assuming that I should do one of the bundle lens kits instead of just the body…..they are not much more than just the body, and I think the extra lenses will be work the slight increase in cost. I’m also going to order a “nifty-fifty” 50mm-1.8 lenses for it, and then a good telephoto lens for it, if the bundle lenses don’t get the job done.

What bundle package is the best deal as far as the quality of the lenses that it comes with?

Any tips or suggestions would be great!

IQRaceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:08 PM   #2

T6I comes out shortly with MANY improvements
Gripped Canon 7D and some glass
FotoZone Facebook Group
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:29 PM   #3

Bundles typically include a good camera and a bunch of stuff people wouldn't buy individually because none of it is very good. But because they've already bought it, they end up never buying anything really good, or even just better for what they really want to do.

I suggest you buy the body and just the lens or lenses that are good for what you want to shoot.

So, what do you want to shoot?
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote