Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 7, 2004, 8:41 AM   #1
Default 300D & Dioptic Corrector - Oops!

Hey - my girlfriend & I drove 86 miles to this really Nice restaurant in North Mississippi for our 8th anniversary of dating & I took in my 300D, 20-35mm zoom & my 420 EX Flash (I finally seem to have the hang of it) & I took several pix inside with Flash, but I shot one at 1/640 Sec. in the TV Mode (for less flash output) & it came out Razor sharp! However, when I had the waitress take our pix & forgot (2nd time to do it , darnit) I did not change the dioptic corrector from my eyes to normal & thus the only pix of us was out of focus. And my girlfriend's New A80 was outside in the car.
Just passing this on to remind you out there who have problems with your eyes - don't let this happen. It'sa simple thing - but I still tend to put on my Bi-focals to see how to set everything. Just habit.
What is ridiculous is the fact the 300D & Elan 7 both have this feature yet the Much costlier EOS 3 does not! For what it sells for, Canon should add this feature to all of their New Model EOS 3's at No charge! I do NOT feel that I should have to pay for this option on an $875.00 camera body. Just my opinion.
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2004, 4:30 PM   #2

Add the 10D to the list of bodies which have this feature.

I had a problem that was related. It turned out that the dioptic setting had been bumped (maybe when putting it into/out of my camera bag?) and was misadjusted badly. I hadn't noticed this, and was having trouble getting sharp manual focused pictures.

Someone here suggested that I check that, and they were right. Makes perfect sense once I was what had happened.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote