Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 18, 2004, 8:31 PM   #1
Default Canon EOS Mark II question

I知 looking to change out my whole Fuji S2 system for the new Canon EOS mark II. I知 number 7 on Ritzs Camera pre-order list so I might get lucky soon.

I do mainly underwater photography and want a camera that will do a better job in ambient low light ( with out using a flash ).

I'm also making 13 x 19 inch prints with my Fuji and I知 wondering if the Canon痴 8 mega pixels will be enough ?

Any comments would be most appreciated before I spend the big bucks.

Marc Furth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2004, 9:54 PM   #2

My bet is that will easily go that size. You already know the benefits of the reduced noise from the larger sensors (larger than the standard digicam) and that helps in producing larger prints, and the pictures should take a lot of sharpening.

If worse comes to work, you can always use tricks like genuine fractals.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:15 PM   #3

i truely believe that it will outperform the S2 depending on your use of course. it does not need to do the internal song and dance that the S2 does to create its "interpolated" image. the colors will be more natural being less saturated. what you need to decide primarily is do you want/need a camera that will shoot at 8fps and in additional rolling over to the canon based lens system and their additional expense. thats a lot of conversion to do there. i can attest to the pain involved.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote