Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 26, 2004, 7:23 PM   #1
Default Printing my Drebel pics

I have an image that is 4 x 6. when I selected print with boarders, my picture came out of my epson 2200 with uneven boaders. the top and right side were about 1/8 and the bottom was 1/16. The right side was well over 1/2 inch.

Can someone explane to me why this happend? What can i do to prevent this from continuing. I use PS along with a epson 2200 printer. Im new to all of this......

Also, what would be the best after market book to get for learning photoshop CS to include processing RAW files.

Thanks in advance
Ohio D Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2004, 9:44 PM   #2

I find "The Photoshop CS book for Digital Photographers" (there is a PS 7 version as well to be good, and it does have a section on RAW conversion (I just haven't gotten there yet.)

It is a book of not many words but lots of pictures. I find this works well. It tells you exactly what you need to know and shows you how to do it.

About the borders, I can't help you there. I can say that the 2200 is a very good printer, I wish I had one.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 6:50 AM   #3

I had a similar problem at work printing to an Epson 1290 and at home to an Epson 830u. I use Macs in both locations and as far as i know it was something to do with OS X. Both the above printers can print edge to edge but with the standard setup in OS X they cant. You can get them to print edge to edge but you have to setup a second printer in your printer setup utility...... Anyway when you have the edge to edge option ticked you will have equal borders on all sides even if you are not printing to the edge. If you are using a Mac i will explain exactly how to do it... Let me know

Richie Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 8:37 AM   #4

See you Mac guys don't rule the graphics world after all.
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote