Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:25 PM   #1
Default what is good choice of printer paper?

Just got a 2200. Im looking for a good choice of paper (Matt or Semigloss) and a good online locations to buy it. Any recommendations.

Ohio D Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:32 PM   #2

You can order a trial pack of paper from http://www.redriverpaper.com I can't attest to their performance with Epson, but they're great with Canon. I do know that they offer free printer profiles for the Epson 2200. They have Ultrachrome papers as well.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:43 PM   #3

I have heard good things about their paper as well.

Personally, I am very happy with the Epson Glossy Photo Paper and the Epson Matte Paper Heavyweight.

Just make sure you don't use "cheap" paper. The problem with these is that they won't be consistant across batches. This makes profiling them difficult... or just getting consistant results when using them. (I don't believe Red River Paper qualifies "cheap".)

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 7:43 AM   #4

I really like the Red River papers, but I still find myself mostly using Epson's own paper. Once my new library/computer room is built I'm going to build a real paper safe and try a lot of different things. That sampler is really a good start and just makes you want to waste ink!!!! :twisted:

I am jealous of your 2200!
FSUScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote