Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 25, 2004, 4:17 PM   #21

jamison55 wrote:
NHL wrote:
BTW if anyone is thinking about using a Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2, forget it! This remote cord doesn't apply to the digital EOS it will just force your flash to be compatible with the older "B" bodies...
Is this from personal experience? I just ordered a Sigma EF 500 DG Super, flip flash bracket, and Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2. I read elsewhere that as long as I bought the "#2" cord (vs the "#1" cord) it would work fine. I am shooting a wedding in a couple of weeks, and need a solution that get's the flash off of the hotshoe on my DReb...Any suggestions? How do other wedding photographers get their E-TTL flashes off camera?
Just received my Sigma EF 500 DG Super, Stroboframe flash bracket, Canon Off Camera Shoe Cord 2, and Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer.

I was a little worried when I read NHL's post that I couldn't use the Canon Cord, but it seems to work just fine. In my initial tests, in ETTL mode the flash and camera chose the same exposure both when mounted directly on the hotshoe and using the off camera cord.

The flash itself seems impressive so far. It is very large, almost dwarfing the DReb. Exposures seem accurate, and it recycles quite fast. For the price of a 550Ex on Adorama, I was able to purchase the whole kit.
jamison55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 4:30 PM   #22

It recycles faster on NiMh diet (and cheaper too)
Be careful not too get it to hot though by shooting too fast... :-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote