Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 31, 2004, 11:13 PM   #11

Downloaded C1 Pro Trial Software. But, I don't see myself paying $199 for this...
Get the C1 Rebel Edition, itonlyhandles RAW files fromthe Digital Rebel and is $49 I think...

rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 3:50 PM   #12

I love shooting RAW but it seems like I now have to go through more processes. I use the Canon software to adjust the camera settings I.E. White balance, Exposure Compensation, Sharpness, etc. Then I save the photos as EXIF-TIff. Then I open them in Photoshop CS where I crop, do any Level adjustments I may need and print.

Adobe Photoshop CS can read RAW directly but doesn't have the same Canon Rebel Specific camera setting as the Canon FileViewer Utility which really seems to be an extension of the camera.

When I shoot RAW I concentrate on Shutter speed and aperature. I doall other camera adjustments post using the FileViewer utility. It seems to give the exact same results as doing it right on the camera during capture.

What will the C1 Rebel version do for me beyond what Photoshop CS or the Canon Fileviewer does. I have downloaded a trail version but don't quite understand it yet.

Attached Images
minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote