Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:50 AM   #1

Hello, I'm looking to purchase an Eos 10D and i've noticed a lot of online sites selling it brand new for anywhere from US $600 - $1,000 withsupposedly a full US warranty. Can I trust these sites or do you think its all grey market?

Thank You
Bladestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2004, 7:36 AM   #2

No, you can't trust those sites, you will end up to spend more money and waiste more times. The best price I see for a full USA warranty version from the USA authorized dealer is : www.onecall.com for about $1,300.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2004, 3:40 PM   #3

You will see people saying (with US Warranty). They are probably right "If you ever get the camera". But what they mean by it comes with US Warranty is that its a Grey Market and warranteed by some other place (ie: Mack Warranty). Ive owned a Mack Warranty in the past and no one seemed to want to respond on the fact if they even received my warranty card. If they cant even comment on the fact that they have received my warranty then I would hate to send them my camera. As many have said time and time again. You get what you pay for. You may receive your camera for 600 or 800 or whatever... But don't think your not gonna fight tooth and nail trying to get it to you. They will pull the "Oh its backordered" or its supposed to arrive thrusday and we will get it out to you. They will play this game with you for a while. Then when they really decide to ship it they try to make you purchase other accessories to the point of if you don't by them, we're not gonna sell you the camera. They dont say it like that, but if you say you dont want any... They will say hold on a second... gone for like 5 minutes and then say "ack we are sorry, the truck wont be here until x/x/xx day). Its just a big cluster... If anything, purchase from NewEgg.com or a place that Steve has listed. Ive done tons through NewEgg.com even when there where like a secret site... hehe
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:07 PM   #4

Onecall has a special on the 10d, don't know how long it's going to last but it's $1,211.11

here's the link:

I just bought mine. check them out on www.resellerratings.com!

Everett711 is offline   Reply With Quote