Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 24, 2004, 11:36 PM   #11

None of the above photos were taken by me. They came from a camera comparrison website. check it out

I would have thought that all photos on this site were straight from the camera. I have used to G3 on all settings, all ISO etc and yes, I got good results. Yesterday I purchased the Digital rebel. I asked the above question as research into getting an SLR and enough people have helped me realise that Im really at a point where I have to update if I want to get good closeup shots where i need a larger lens than the G3 with the telephoto lens on.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:03 AM   #12

I looked at the house pictures from the web site you listed. I think the g3 picture is warmer with more contrast but camera setting or photoshop can make these changes. I downloaded the 2 pictures at there full resolution and used a photo editor to zoom in on the windows of the house. If you do the same you shoud see more noise and less detail in the G3 picture. At least in my opinion.
jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote