Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 10, 2004, 9:13 AM   #1

I'm tring to determin which dslr to buy. The Nikon D70 or D Rebel. The Rebel has such clean, noise free images. The Nikon seems somewhat noisy. Is it me or does the sky in this D70 image seem noisy to you? http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...c_1365_nef.jpg
gjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:04 PM   #2

You're right, the sky is noisy in the picture but running it through Neat Image sorts it out and you get a really nice shot. The only concern I have with it is the two large yellow canoes, the vertical edges don't look smooth at all. I must check out the canon shot on steves review, if he's got the same one that is.

I have the canon BTW, was recently tempted by the Nikon, I would say it's really down to which one you like the look and feel of at the end of the day. Both cameras seem to produce excellent pictures so it really is your choice. Try em both and see which you prefer.

mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 4:38 PM   #3

I have the DReb as well. I bought it because, like you, I saw that the image quality seemed to be better on the DReb for $300 less than the D70. With the money I saved I purchased a couple of additional lenses.
jamison55 is offline   Reply With Quote