Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 11, 2004, 2:40 AM   #1

I've been looking atthe twocameras now for the past few months and both take impressive pictures but i'm wondering which of the two cameras are better for action photography. I will be using the camera primarily for airshows and will most probably use the Canon75-300 USM III lens. Even though they are second hand and only 3mp i'm leaning towards the D30 as I think I will have more versatility when it comes to choosing my own settings.

Any recommendations andinfo would beappreciated.

GrantT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2004, 4:27 AM   #2

Hi GrantT

I have the 300d, I looked at the D30 many times and still wonder should I get one. My girlfriend convinced me to go for a new camera cus of the warranty. So I did.

At first I wasn't too pleased with my purchase, the focus didn't seem too good but has time goes on either I'm getting better at this or the camera's just running in nicely, either way my pictures are getting better and what I've found is although the Sports mode setting is quite restrictive it is very good for moving objects.

I took some pictures of a kite in this mode and was well pleased with the way the focus tracked the kite. It wasn't moving slowly either, it was a very blustery day and boy was it shifting. but the camera coped extremely well.

Just discovering now how usefull the higher ISO settings are too, noise isn't really an issue cus once you've past it through Neat Image ot something similar the pics look great.

Still may consider a second hand D30 in the future cus every shot I've seen from one looks great.

Hard choice you've got here. Which ever one you choseI wouldn't think you'd be making a mistake.

Just my thoughts.

mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 6:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the helpful reply Mart.
GrantT is offline   Reply With Quote