Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 31, 2004, 2:39 AM   #1

Thanks guys for all your help and support, I do not think I would have been as ready for this as I am if it wasnt for you guys. I just finished my to do list and most is done already and I am just finishing the music for the wedding as I type this.

Just one last question on the Canon 28-135 IS lens what way is on for the IS the | or the o? it didnt come with a booklet so I dont know!
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2004, 4:50 AM   #2

1 is on.

When using IS, remember to give is a half second or so to stabilize after a half-press of the shutter before you take the shot. You will see the image steady up in the viewfinder.

Best to ya,

Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:06 AM   #3

Go for it :|

A friend of mine photographed a Wedding for his friends with that Lens and a dReb. It came out great. We did the processing on my system as I have Photoshop and a Canon I960. One thing to remember is that Weddings are not all about close-ups. If you zoom in too far you will lose the 3.5 with that Lens and it will default to 5.6. 3.5 is very useful for no-flash shots even though the DOF is decreased. Go into the Creative Zone and increase the ISO to 200 which will give youmore flexability.

Gary Hoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 3:10 PM   #4

Good luck!

The easiest way to think of those symbols (| and o, which I think are DUMB!!!) are that the o is an incomplete circuit and the | is a completed wire/circuit. I believe this is where it comes from.

It's supposed to be language/culture independent, so they can sell the same lens all over the world. Personally, I think those really have no meaning to the vast majority of the planet

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote