Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 6, 2004, 5:45 AM   #1

[align=left]I'm thinking about buying a digital rebel. Since I don't like spending to much money I wonder if anyone know the place to buy it at a cheap price and with international shipping (europe). The cheapest price I have found in sweden is around 1300$. [/align]
[align=left]A second question, what CF card would you recomend? Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the 36X and 70X card?[/align]
[align=left] /marcus[/align]
Simpatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:17 AM   #2

You might start with B&H photo or Adorama, both very reputable wholesale houses here in the U.S.

CF card speed does not make much difference with the Digital Rebel. The camera is not set up to take advantage of high speed cards.

I use lexar, SanDisk ultra, and PNY cards. I cannot tell the difference in processing speed.

If you shoot a burst of 3 or four shots- the buffer fills up and you have to wait anyway, so the differencewould beonly an additionalsecond or two.

Get the highest capacity card you can afford. If you shoot 'best' quality .jpg's, you will get about 135 shots from a 512Mb card. Assuming ISO 200. Higher ISO will give fewer shots of course.

Good Shooting
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote