Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:24 AM   #1

Now that the 20D is official, and has more pixels than the drebel, perhaps Canon will not see that sales will be lost to the drebel in the way that it seems they feared with the 10D. I hope they will therefore release firmware to unlock those Drebel features which wasia has demonstrated are actually there but disabled.

Any thoughts?

ken from the uk.
ken from the uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 8:12 AM   #2

IMO one would see a DRebel II before a firmware upgrade...
What sales lost? I can already envision a waiting list for the 20D
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:40 PM   #3

:|For the money the Digital Rebel is #1. I wouldn't mind a new firmware either, but learning what you have is key and move on to the next step of learning. I first had a Rebel G when i got into photography and out grew it and went to a Elan 7e(which is a way cool camera). My digital Rebel is my step into DSLR land, and hoping for the new 20D to explore more about learning digital photography and my creative mind's eye!
macatack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 4:34 PM   #4

I agree with NHL. You'll see a new model before they release a firmware upgrade (at least one that has new features). They're not going to publically admit that they might have (being polite) deliberately crippled the camera for marketing purposes. BTW,this is a common practice with other product types, too -- Canon just got "caught" (if this was the case -- again, I'm being polite).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote