Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:51 PM   #1

I just returned my 2nd. brand new DiMage A2 digi-cam and exchanged it for the REBEL dSLR and will never look back!
Even though the EOS 300D is at the lower spectrum (and dollar range) of the dSLR
family, I am overjoyed with my decision. I ran into many technical difficulties with the A2 (focus issues, crashing constantly, and full auto settings were so basic that both high and low light image quality was very questionable) and the overall quality of the camera itself was low-end (the second one actually had a button fall off just after it came out of the box!).
Now, I admit that I may have just ran into a bad batch of cameras, but am very happy that this experience pushed me to advance into the dSLR world.
I still have my Chinon SLR 35mm and recall fond memories of it's versatility and image quality, so going this direction was only hindered by the price of the new dSLR's.
Luckily the Rebel was within my reach.
Any advice for this new dSLR Rebel owner would be greatly appriciated! (macro and zoom lenses are already being ordered!)

wyndstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:54 PM   #2

Read, Read, Read... Lots of great advise on this site!
DanTheCanonMan is offline   Reply With Quote