Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 4, 2004, 7:08 AM   #1

Back home, I put my 1Gb Lexar (4x) card in the 4in 1 USB 2.0 card reader.

It opened up in ACDSee (6.03) OK. A quick review of the shots showed sharper, cleaner images. I can't make a true technical assessment at this point, but they are visually noticeablly better. The mirror slap does affect the reframing in a long burst. However a portion of this is my lack of concentration on keeping everything steady. Also I am 65+ and not as solid as I was. HaHa.

I noticed a strange anomaly in frame 2 of a burst I took. I will upload it for comments in another post. This was the first real burst that I took and I haven't reviewed the EXIF data yet.

Reformating the card is a snap with the new menu layout.

Batteries recharged in about 15 minutes max. This is after a full 3 hours of shooting.

I am hoping the new firmware upgrade (1.04) will be on the Canon site this week. It is listed but not loaded on their site yet.

All in all - considering my own shortcomings - I am very pleased with the unit. My only real complaint is the dim info in the viewfinder.

The camera does deliver good sharp, fast images as promised. Quality improvement is up to me by tweaking as necessary.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:13 AM   #2

Gald to see you are happy with the 20D. I also am very pleased with it's performance. I have never had any lockup or cf card issues with my 20D. I have downloaded the firmware 1.0.4 update but am wating to install it. Happy shooting.

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote