Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 29, 2004, 12:10 AM   #1

Hi, I just bought the 20d today and just tested couple pictures. for some reason when take a wide angle shot, like this one in the living room, using automatic mode with flash, it came out very dark , not SHARP and very blurry? Why is that? Is that the stock lens no good? But as for the closer shot, actually it looks way better. Does anyone know what the problem is? I also have a digital rebel, seems like that one takes more sharper pics.

Here is the closer shot from the 20D

And the Attached picture taken in the living room is the one I am having problem with. Please advise
Attached Images
Ceddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2004, 7:35 AM   #2

See the other post: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...08&forum_id=37

You don't have enough power for your flash @ the wide angle angle! The blur could be the result of camera shake after the flash has fired
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2004, 1:26 PM   #3

As usual - NHL is right on top of it !!

Basically, you might have been expecting a glorious color shot of your living room because you have read about "how great" the 20D is.

Remember that nearly every built in flash is good for about 10'-12' max. under good conditions. The results you got, without knowing your camera mode/settings, isn't all that bad considering. It is going to take some effort on your part, to bring the lens/camera/flash up to optimum settings and then you may decide (as many of us have) "I need an external flash".

Take your time and and take a few dozen shots - if you still have questions - come back with complete settings info - so we can really help you.

Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote