Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:22 PM   #1

I shot Raw + Jpeg on my 20D and I am using the EOS Viewer Utility software that was included. When I download the files to my computer only the Jpegs show up on the main display screen.

Double clicking the image allows me to view on the Preview screen where I should be able to toggle between Jpeg and Raw (theres a JPEG tool on the toolbar but it is greyed-out).
Preferences are already set a "show Raw files" as default.

I'm using windows ME

Anyone understand why no Raw? Much thanks for feedback

crocodile hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:41 AM   #2

I am experiencing the same problems. When I set the record format to RAW + JPEG I only see the JPEG images. I know the RAW format operates in any creative modes.

When setting the 20d only in RAW capture mode I can view the CR2 files, so why can I not view them in RAW + JPEG(s) mode?

Thanks in Advance

rajpanesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:27 AM   #3

They are there. How did you copy them to your computer ? Have you looked at the directory with Explorer ?

alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:44 PM   #4

I had the same problem when plugging the camera into the PC.

The only way I could get at the CR2 raw files was by putting the memory card into a separate reader.
Pekkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 2:35 AM   #5

Not much of intuitive this Canon EOS Viewer... To download the files I actually have to drag them to the desired folder... should be a right click context menu for this or a "File->Download" menu option...
Now for the question: the raw files are there, even if they are not visible (not my case, default settings show up a small raw icon). When you select for download the corresponding .jpg, both files are transferred to the selected folder.
And yes, if you are using the WIA interface you cannot see the raw files... I wonder why Canon don't have a MSHDC compliant mode (other cameras show up as a regular USB drive).
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote