Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:45 PM   #1

The reviewof this camera on luminous landscape indicates that the sensor had noticable dust after only one day of shooting. This statementconfused me, for I have never had to clean my Olympus E-1's CCD,partially due to its vibration system.I realize thatcarelessness canbe a factor, but the reviewer actedlike this was a common thing. I assume dust can only get in with a lens change.With proper careand with average use, how often should the CMOS really need cleaning? Thanks, Tom Roberts

tgun5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:03 AM   #2

How much dust you get will depend a lot on you.

How do you change it? Do you keep it tilted down when you remove the lens? Do you leave the lens off the camera for a long time? Do you forget to turn the camera off before changing the lens?

Where do you change it? In a special bag? In your car? In the field no mater where you are, like on a beach?

Dust will eventually happen. In some cases, they will be too small to effect the camera. In other cases it will be big things.

I don't believe the 1D Mk2 is any more or less susceptible to dust than most cameras.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote