Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:08 PM   #1

Have had mine 300D for about 2 weeks now.About a week ago i spotted a violet spot in all my shots.I thought it was the new lens i had,but after changing back to the original kit lens i found the same.Im attaching part of an image.What i would like to know is has my sensor developed a fault or is it dirty?I have tried cleaning it,but im no expert.

Thanks for the help

Attached Images
gaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 5:23 PM   #2

It looks to me like you have a stuck pixel... You can try getting it changed but its not often possible as this sometimes happens with the digital range. Try contacting Canon... Good luck
Firmware04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:55 PM   #3

I'd try for an exchange through the storefirst as it was a recent purchase.

Failing that, Canon service should at minimum be able to map that/those pixel(s) out via a software change -- then they wouldn't be noticable in the picture.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:08 PM   #4

Had the camera changed today at the store i got it from.They have had lots of dead/stuck pixels on the 300D.I also changed my kit lens as the one i had was faulty,the new one is less faulty but still produces "rainbow" rings around any light source.It seems canon have big problems with the build quality/quality control.

The flash when closed has about 2mm of movement on this new body.

I have to change it again ! I've had it with them.I'm thinking of returning it and getting the 20D anyone had any problems with that one?
gaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:20 PM   #5

Unfortunately I am starting to hear reports like this more frequently. My 300D was an "early" one from this March and haven't had your problems. I think the release of the 20Dand the discounts on the 300D have pushed their QC people too hard.

I have an early 20D (Sept) and no problems at all. Two totally different cameras. The 20D is my idea of a low end Pro. It's making me money so I guess it is OK.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote