Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:22 AM   #1

My new 20D should be here tomorrow. If you can't tell, I'm pretty thrilled.

I'm thinking a new camera bag is on the top of my list as my current one just isn't expandable. Back pack or shoulder?

Suggestions? I don't expect to have more than 3 lenses, the camera, memory cards, filters, battery charger, etc., but I'd like the bag to be a expandable in case I add a couple other necessities. I don't want to dig for stuff in the bag - easy access a must.

That said, I'd also like some opinions on other goodies that all amateurs could use for this camera I have a 28-75 lens and a 75-300 lens.

I take nature shots, car shots, trees, dogs, people, some Western North Carolina scenery.
Ghostwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:44 PM   #2

I'm still a little ways off from my 20D purchase, but I did find this backpack which I will be buying for it. This one holds a laptop, but they have others that don't if you don't need to do so. Since I always have my laptop with me, I figure with this backpack, I'll never miss a photo opportunity. :-)

LowePro Camera/Computer Bag

Attached Images
mactek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:08 PM   #3

That's a nice looking bag! And plenty of room to expand... and easy access to the contents. I like it!

I have a nice laptop bag, so I think I'll just find the one that doesn't have the laptop storage.

Perfect! Thanks for sharing!!!
Ghostwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 12:13 AM   #4

I would recommend basically any LowePro bag. They are the top of the line brand and make really good stuff.

I would suggest, if possible (you don't say where you live) that you should take your gear and go try out the bag. Find a store that will let you load it up and wear it around the store. Try several and see what you think.

LowePro seems to make their bags for the "average" torso size. I know many people who love their stuff, but if you are a large/tall person you might have trouble with them not fitting/feeling right. So definitely try them first.

I have 3 of their bags and like every one.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote