Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:52 PM   #1

I recently bought the 20D. I just installed the software per the instructions but when I try to download, the software tells me the camera is busy. It says to turn off LCD and try again. I have done this yet still can't get past this message. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
tama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:15 AM   #2

Do you by any chance have ZoomBrowser installed from a previous camera on your PC? If so that may be the problem as the the old program wil try to download the pics from your 20D through its camera window. The EOSViewer doesn't download the pics from the 20D automatically as you have to use the the EOSViewer's file explorer to transfer pics to your PC.

I had this same problem as the ZoomBrowser of my S1 IS prompted me to download the images from my 20D and came up with the same error as you. When ZoomBrowsers camera window prompts you to download pics, disregard and close that window and open EOSViewer instead.

If you don't have ZoomBrowser installed and that isn't the problem, just disregard this post:-)
Oculus Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:00 PM   #3

Personally, I wouldn't waste time with the software. Just purchase a $10 compact flash card reader from any office supply store. I find them often for free after rebate @ ecost.com. This way you won't have to deal with any incompatibilities or Windows bugginess regarding connectivity. You download the photos directly to a folder of your choice on your hard drive where they can quickly be burned to CD or DVD for archiving. Plus, you get the added bonus of an accessory you can throw in your camera bag that comes in handy (when visiting friends, etc.).

hope that helps until you get the software issues figured out.

-Pedro (a Canon enthusiast)
damba98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:02 AM   #4

Don't try to download the pictures if the operating system used is some Win Server 2003 family member... or make sure you are plugged on a true USB2.0 port.
If the os is some XP you must go and verify in "control panel->administrative tools->services->Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" that the service is started... and make sure you installed the WIA driver and not just the Twain driver...

Or buy a card reader as suggested... it's small and it will be automatically recognized by any modern operating system so you don't have to carry your 20D CDs around...
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote