Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:24 AM   #1

Hi Guys

Had a call from a friend who just switched to a Canon 20D from Nikon equipment after using my camera for a day. What he was calling about was: The camera set to AI Servo, Burst/Continuous shooting and all focus point selected. When he is tracking something in the viewfinder he can feel the lens focus tracking but there is no focus points confirmation lighting up. I had a look on my camera and it does the same thing. I had never noticed this before as this is not the type of photography i would do and generally if i had servo focusing on it would be with a single point. It doen't bother me that there is no focus confirmation but in his line of work (journalistic stuff and some local soccer matches) he was used of having it in the Nikon body and now misses it. Is there a way of having them light up....? I cant see it in the manual. Also would the settings above be the best for erratic subject (like a running soccer player or a flying bird) movement focus tracking...?

Thanks and sorry about the long post

Richie Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:15 PM   #2

I know of no way to do it.... Its an interesting feature, though.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote