Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 11, 2005, 2:16 PM   #1

I have one other question. Right before I sold my 35mm equipment a few years back, I was looking to upgrade to an autofocus slr. Canon was viewed better because they had something like auto tracking focus, which Nikon didn't have. Does the dslrs from canon have this auto tracking focus? And does anyone know if the Nikon's have it as well? I predominantly shoot candids, usually of children, and being most of them are in my family, I always have this problem of keeping them in focus, b/c so many times as I am photographing them, they come running towards me, I haven't had a camera yet that can focus on them as they are running straight at me. In the old days I would just manually focus, overshoot the focus and wait until they came right into my focus, or used the auto winder of course now it is a different ballgame. Even though I have the money, this camera is a bit of an investment, and I want to make sure it can do what I need it to do. Thank you all again for all of your help and support!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2005, 2:26 PM   #2

The answer is a qualified "yes". The 20D will do what you want (track focus as the subject moves) but you may also need to take 2 or 3 pictures quickly as often the first one doesn't end up properly in focus but the next ones do.

alan sh is offline   Reply With Quote