Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 13, 2005, 4:36 PM   #1

I am in Lima Peru and will fly into Amazon Basin in 12 hours. I just checked my Cannon EOS Rebel 300 D Digital SLR and it will not turn on. I have checked both nbatteries. It worked fine yesterday AM before flying down here. I have had no problems with the camera since purchasinbg it last September. I cannot see any obvious problems in the Battery box or the CF card holder. I have tried backup CF card and replacement battery. I hand carried the camera on plane. There is no physical damage. I took it to the biggest camera store in Lima but they could not find the problem.:?

This is a very bad problem for me as I am going into the Amazon for a serious photo-shoot, now with a 3MP olympus backup.

Does anyone have any ideas???suggestions that I might try.

I will be on email for 6 more hours.

Thanks DaveB
d-bonnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:16 PM   #2

You brought a Digital Rebel into the jungle for a "serious" photoshoot and a 3mp olympus as a backup??? :lol::lol:

Im sorry but I find this one hard to believe........but in the ever morbid chance it is strange but true..... did you by chance charge the batteries using an adapter for the lima voltage? if so possibly damaged the battery or camera is the *only* thing i can come up with. aside from that remove all batteries including backup for at least an hour and replace them all with fresh new batteries.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 6:25 AM   #3

These are old postings...

pauza is offline   Reply With Quote