Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:27 PM   #1
Default SLR for a student?

Hey, I'm getting into a lot of digital media design, and one thing I find really helps my web design layouts and stuff is actual photos. I can do a lot of really cool stuff by manipulating photos to my liking. However, one reason I don't have my very own SLR (film that is)right now is because I could never afford to develop all my film.

I've read about Digital SLRs, but they're SO expensive! I'm curious if there are any decent Digital SLRs (not nesscessarily canon, though I would like one as the SLR I'm used to is my mother's Canon ELAN) that are at or less than a thousand dollars? There's a ton of other stuff I could spend my money on, but I think this is a really good investment. Any ideas or opinions? Right now I'm using a Sony DSC-700 (I think) it's 2.3 megapixel, and I just want more control over apeture and exposure times. Help guys =)
Takuhii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2002, 1:05 PM   #2

It's not an SLR, but you may want to take a look at the Canon Pro90is. I've used one for years prior to buying my D60 and was always happy with the results. Many of the accessories can be used with the D30 / D60 when you are able to afford one. It also uses the same Canon utilities (and my favorite Breezebrowser) as the more expensive SLR's. The Pro90is has full manual control as well. I don't think they make the camera any more, but you should be able to find a used one at a good price.
transco is offline   Reply With Quote